Global Road Safety Leadership Course
The Global Road Safety Leadership Course is a two-week residential training course held in Baltimore, USA or a selected low- and middle-income country.
The overall goal of GRSLC is to enhance effective leadership capacity to optimally address road safety in low- and middle-income countries. Each offering includes among others, sections on:
- Road safety management
- Safer roads and mobility
- Safer vehicles
- Safer road users
- Post-crash response
- Road safety policy and advocacy
As part of the course, participants visit field sites and are also involved in group work which concludes with a presentation on the final day of the course. Since 2016, seven offerings of this course were held in person. This includes four global offerings in Baltimore, USA and three regional offerings in Nairobi, Kenya; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; and Buenos Aires, Argentina. Over 400 road safety professionals from more than 60 countries have been trained through this course.
Key features of the program include:
- Active engagement among a wide variety of international participants from different settings and backgrounds, including government and civil society
- Delivery of the program through a diverse, experienced international faculty that aims to challenge and inspire participants
- Thematic emphasis on leadership across a range of road safety issues, irrespective of participants’ positions in their organizations
- Certification from a leading university and global road safety set of partners.