2021 GRSLC Cohort

Provide a brief self-introduction, including which BIGRS partner you work for an

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tumwine Fred
      Participant

I am Fred Tumwine Nkuruho holding a Bachelor’s of Arts Degree from Makerere University (1988-91), Diploma in Transport Management from Makerere University (1998-2000) and Diploma in Education from Kyambogo University (1984-1986) and with many certificates in transport related areas. I work at the Uganda Road Accident Reduction Network Organization (URRENO) which got support from BIGRS to undertake the “Strengthening helmet use and drink driving regulations in Uganda through advocacy on legal policy reforms and public awareness” project in Uganda from March 2021 to September 2022.

In URRENO, Fred is responsible for heading technical and management of the organization and he carries out administration and management of the human, financial and material resources of the organization, develops road safety awareness programs for road users, heads all the review of all road safety projects, monitors performance of the organization, leads the fundraising function of the organization and oversees the develops road safety resource materials for different road users.

Tumwine Fred
      Participant

I am Fred Tumwine Nkuruho holding a Bachelor’s of Arts Degree from Makerere University (1988-91), Diploma in Transport Management from Makerere University (1998-2000) and Diploma in Education from Kyambogo University (1984-1986) and with many certificates in transport related areas. I work at the Uganda Road Accident Reduction Network Organization (URRENO) which got support from BIGRS to undertake the “Strengthening helmet use and drink driving regulations in Uganda through advocacy on legal policy reforms and public awareness” project in Uganda from March 2021 to September 2022.

In URRENO, Fred is responsible for heading technical and management of the organization and he carries out administration and management of the human, financial and material resources of the organization, develops road safety awareness programs for road users, heads all the review of all road safety projects, monitors performance of the organization, leads the fundraising function of the organization and oversees the develops road safety resource materials for different road users.

My name is Stephen MBARUSHIMANA Ugandan. I work with Uganda Road Accident Reduction Network Organization (URRENO) as a Programs Manager. I am a well-trained social worker and Human-Rights professional, very passionate about Human Rights,Children’s Rights, Protection and Road Safety Rights. I have been in Human Rights, Child Rights and Protection programming for over 15years. I hold experience from Uganda, Ghana (2009-2011) and Bangladesh 2014-2015. Key among my work experience with Human Rights and Child Protection are; providing technical support to various Human Rights and Child Protection Programs and Interventions (integrated in nature) employing various model approaches and strategies to strengthen prevention and response efforts to ensure holistic functional protection and full enjoyment of human rights.
      I hold a Masters’ Degree in Human Rights of Makerere University Kampala-MUK), BA (Psychology/History) Makerere University, Dip Personnel Management and Industrial Relations-CPM (Jersey, Britain), CAS-HRE Phlu (Luzern Switzerland), Cert-Child Protection in Emergencies-CPiE (UNICEF & Plan Int), Cert Child Protection (UNICEF Agora), Cert-PSEA (UNICEF Agora), Cert Planning and Management of Community Development Projects-UMI-Kampala, Investigations of Human Rights Violations (UHRC & UN), Cert Counseling and Psychotherapy-Kampala, to mention but few. I love working in challenging environment with challenging tasks because it’s when my real potential is developed!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top