Since 2016, the Johns Hopkins International Injury Research Unit and Global Road Safety Partnership--with support from Bloomberg Philanthropies--have trained more than 600 road safety professionals from over 60 countries via a suite of Global Road Safety Leadership Course.
The Global Road Safety Leadership Course: Initiative Partners is a new iteration of the GRSLC, which directly engages staff of the Bloomberg Philanthropies Initiative for Global Road Safety. In the context of COVID-19, JH-IIRU, GRSP, Bloomberg Philanthropies and our partners wanted to develop an opportunity for engagement for new staff of the initiative, and to provide capacity building on evidence-based approaches to road safety.
The following courses are offered as part of the suite of Global Road Safety Leadership Courses:
- Global Road Safety Leadership Course
- Global Road Safety Leadership Course: Initiative Partners
- Global Road Safety Leadership Course: Alumni Fellowship Program
- Road Policing Executive Leadership Course
These courses aim at building leadership capacity to design, advocate for, and implement effective road safety programs and policies.
Key features of the program include:
- Active engagement among a wide variety of international participants from different settings and backgrounds, including government and civil society
- Delivery of the program through a diverse, experienced international faculty that aims to challenge and inspire participants
- Thematic emphasis on leadership across a range of road safety issues, irrespective of participants’ positions in their organizations
- Certification from a leading university and global road safety set of partners.