Welcome to the Road Policing Executive Leadership Course (RPELC), which is delivered under the auspices of the Global Road Safety Leadership Course (GRSLC) suite of programs. This course has been created for senior police and enforcement officials who work in countries enrolled within the Bloomberg Philanthropies Initiative for Global Road Safety (BIGRS).
The goal of this course is to build executive leadership capacity of senior road police to enable them to strategically address key road safety risks through the effective implementation of evidence-based interventions. The course takes a comprehensive Safe System Approach to road safety and outlines how senior road police are a critical stakeholder in delivering measurable public health outcomes relating to the reduction of death and serious injuries on the roads.
Key features of the course include:
- Delivery of this program through road policing officers, leaders, and global experts.
- Thematic emphasis on road policing leadership, police legitimacy, partnerships, and effective community communication.
- Certification from a leading university and global road partners.
- Admission into the Global Road Policing Network.
Upon completion of the online course, you will be able to:
- Contribute to achieving measurable public health outcomes in the prevention of death and disability caused by road traffic crashes.
- Demonstrate strengthened technical knowledge of the principles of leadership in a road policing context and on the application of effective road policing strategies and enforcement interventions.
- Apply contemporary best practice enforcement interventions to primary causative road safety risk factors by applying an evidenced-based, intelligence-led approach.
- Enhance the capability of your enforcement agency through increased knowledge of police legitimacy and by promoting road policing practices which adhere to the principles of being ‘procedurally fair and just’.
- Applying robust health and safety standards to training, capacity building and operational practice designed to maximize health and safety practices for police officers, road users and members of the public.
- Demonstrate improved understanding of the importance of thorough road traffic crash investigation methods and of collecting and reporting accurate crash data so crash patterns can be analyzed within a Safe System Approach.